Index of contents
- 1 2 Advantages of linking Form and Email Marketing Software
- 2 How to Connect a WPForms to Mailchimp in WordPress
- 2.1 Step 1: Create a Mailchimp signup form in WordPress
- 2.2 Step 2: Link your form to Mailchimp
- 2.3 Step 3: Configure the notifications of the registration form
- 2.4 Step 4: Configure enrollment form confirmations
- 2.5 Step 5: Add the Mailchimp signup form to your site
2 Advantages of linking Form and Email Marketing Software
Automatically link the form or contact form to your software for theEmail Marketing allows you to automate some of the activities after the Lead Generationi.e. contact acquisition, whether in a blog via organic traffic (SEO) or within a Landing Page where traffic is traditionally delivered from online advertising such as Facebook Advertising, Google Ads o Linkedin Ads.
This integration, which can be native (i.e. already prepared within the contact form) or to be realized through software such as Zapier, allows for certain advantages, including:
- the ability to automatically insert in a list of your software for theemail marketing your contacts, allowing for orderly management;
- the possibility, once inserted, of activating a workflow of email marketing automation that starts with getting on that list.
In this guide we're going to see how to make this connection between contact form and email marketing taking into account 2 of the most popular software of the 2 respective areas: WPFormsfor creating forms in WordPress (both in the context of the blog and the creation of Landing Page with Elementor) e MailChimp, the well-known email marketing software.
WPForms and MailChimp are linkable natively, without the help of third-party software like Zapier. Let's see how.
How to Connect a WPForms to Mailchimp in WordPress
Want to learn how to create a Mailchimp signup form in WordPress? Adding a Mailchimp signup form to your website is a great way to grow your email marketing list and create a larger following.
In this article, we'll show you how to create a Mailchimp signup form in WordPress.
Step 1: Create a Mailchimp signup form in WordPress
The first thing you need to do is to install and activate the WPForms plugin (https://wpforms.com/). For more details, check out this step-by-step guide on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
Next, go to WPForms "Addons and find the Mailchimp Addon.
Install and activate the Mailchimp add-on.
Once your WPForms Mailchimp add-on is active, go to WPForms " Add new to create a new module.
In the configuration screen, name the form and select the Newsletter Subscription Form template.
WPForms will create a simple newsletter signup form.
Here you can add additional fields by dragging them from the left panel to the right panel.
Then, click the field to make any changes. You can also click on a form field and drag it to rearrange the order on your Mailchimp signup form.
One of the most important form fields to consider adding to your Mailchimp signup form is theAgreement GDPR.
This form field helps you create GDPR compliant forms (which you can also create with services like Iubenda) by offering visitors to your site an explicit way to accept that you store their personal information and send them marketing material via email.
Keep in mind that all you have to do is click on the form field to make changes to the default language of the GDPR form field.
To use the GDPR form field, you need to go to WPForms " Settings and click the check box GDPR Enhancements.
By doing so, you'll enable the GDPR enhancement features that WPForms has available to you to make GDPR compliance much easier.
In fact, you'll be able to:
- disable user cookies;
- Disable user details, which include IP addresses and user agent data;
- Access the GDPR module field for your WordPress modules.
When you have finished customizing the form, click on Save.
Now, we'll take a look at how to configure Mailchimp's settings so that you can link your signup form to your newsletter service.
Step 2: Link your form to Mailchimp
To link the newsletter subscription form to Mailchimp, go to Marketing " Mailchimp.
Then, click on Add new connection.
A window will appear asking you to name this connection.
Enter any name as it is for reference only and click OK.
On the next screen, you'll need to add your Mailchimp API key. You can get it by logging into your Mailchimp account.
So, go to Your Profile " Extra" API Keys.
Copy and paste your Mailchimp API key into WPForms. Then confirm by clicking on Add new connection.
After entering the API key, proceed as follows:
- Select your Mailchimp account
- Choose the list of email you want to add people to when they sign up
- Click the Email address drop-down menu and any other form fields you want to add to your Mailchimp account when someone signs up
- Enable conditional logic if it applies to your module
- Enable the option double optin if you wish
If you're interested in allowing visitors to your site to choose the mailing list they want to subscribe to, check out our helpful guide on how to allow users to choose a Mailchimp list.
After configuring these settings, click on Save.
Step 3: Configure the notifications of the registration form
Notifications are a great way to send an email every time the signup form is submitted on your website.
You can send an email to yourself, which WPForms does automatically unless you disable form notifications.
You can also send a notification to a member of your team by adding their email to the Send to field. email address.
Also, if you use smart tags, you can even send a form notification to your site visitor to inform them that the form was received.
For assistance with this step, see our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
Step 4: Configure enrollment form confirmations
Confirmations are a great way to let your site visitors know immediately that their form has been submitted.
WPForms allows you to choose between three types of confirmations:
- Message. This type of confirmation will display a simple message once a site visitor submits the form to inform them that the form has been processed.
- Show page. This type of confirmation will take site visitors to a specific web page on your web page.
- Go to URL (Redirection). The latter type of confirmation will send site visitors to another website.
Step 5: Add the Mailchimp signup form to your site
After creating the Mailchimp signup form, you need to add it to your site.
WPForms allows you to add your forms in a variety of locations, including your blog posts, pages, and even as a sidebar widget.
Let's take a look at the post/page embedding option. Start by creating a new post or page in WordPress, then click the Add form.
Next, select your enrollment form from the drop-down menu and click on Add form.
Finally, publish your post or page so that your Mailchimp signup form will show up on your website.
Creating a Mailchimp signup form in WordPress can help you connect the 2 tools to build a bigger mailing list and grow your business.