What is Gravity Forms
Since its launch in 2009, Gravity Forms (www.gravityforms.com/) is considered among the best plugin for creating modules for WordPress. With Gravity Forms it is possible to create forms with multiple options, from simple forms of contact to advanced forms with logical conditions, uploads of files, questionnaires and polls.
Gravity Forms doesn't offer a free version that you can install from the WordPress plugin repository.
You need to choose one of its three paid plans: Basic, Pro or Elite:
Features of Gravity Forms
Create powerful online forms quickly and easily with WordPress and Gravity Forms (www.gravityforms.com/features/).
Powerful and easy-to-use forms
Quickly create and design your own WordPress forms using the intuitive visual form editor. Select your fields, configure your options, and easily integrate your forms into your WordPress site using the built-in tools.
Over 30 ready-to-use form fields
Gravity Forms offers a wide variety of form field inputs at your fingertips, and you can choose the fields you want to use using the easy-to-use form editor.
Conditional logic allows you to configure your form to show or hide fields, sections, pages, or even the submit button based on user selections. This allows you to easily control what information your user is asked to provide on your WordPress site and tailor the form specifically to their needs.
If you're creating a long form, you can make it less "intimidating" for your visitors by showing them only the form fields and questions that are relevant to them, using conditional logic. This makes it more likely that people will complete the form, as having to answer irrelevant questions can quickly prompt visitors to click without submitting. Here you can find more strategies on how to optimize the contact form.
Conditional logic can be complicated, but Gravity Forms simplifies the process through the simple creation process for this form type (as shown in the screenshot above). It can be enabled for form fields by using the Advanced tab in the form field settings, checking the conditional logic box and selecting the appropriate options. This means you can use conditional logic without having to leave the form field settings.
Other features offered include:
- Email notificationsAre you looking to keep up to date with all the leads generated by your site? Gravity Forms has automatic email responses to keep you informed every time a form is submitted.
- File Uploads: Do you need your users to send documents? Photographs? Just add file upload fields to the form and save the files on the server.
- Save and continue: so you have created an elaborate form and it may take a while to complete. With Gravity Forms you can allow your users to save a partially completed form and come back later to complete it.
- Calculations: with Gravity Forms execute advanced calculations based on the values of the fields sent.
- Limit and planning modules: limits the number of entries a form can receive and schedules forms to control how and when to acquire data.
- Creating posts in WordPress: You can easily create WordPress posts with front-end modules.
- Fight spam: With Google reCaptcha, Really Simple Captcha and Akismet options, Gravity Forms helps fight spam in your inbox.
- Responsive design: Gravity Forms has a built-in mobile friendly style. Forms are designed to display properly on a variety of mobile devices.
Gravity Forms allows you to integrate your forms with a wide variety of services and applications (www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/), including Aweber, GetResponse, Hubspot,, MailChimp, PayPal, Stripe, Highrise, Freshbooks, Dropbox, Zapier and many others.
Using add-ons with Gravity Forms is simple. Available add-ons can be turned on and off (just like with WordPress plugins) from the add-ons settings panel. When activated, these features automatically become available in the form editor.
Opinions about Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms allows you to create unlimited forms and integrates seamlessly with add-ons. Millions of WordPress sites still rely on Gravity Forms to collect their most important information. At G2.com (https://www.g2.com/products/gravity-forms/reviews) you can read reviews from those who use it.
Most of the Form Builder for WordPress has a free version, but Gravity Forms is an exception. You can, however, use a demo version of the plugin: Gravity Forms provides you with login details for a unique demo site for you, if you want to try it out before purchasing.
Three licenses are available (www.gravityforms.com/pricing/) and each one is renewed every year:
- Basic License to $ 59 per year can be used on a single site;
- Pro License at $ 159 per year allows you to install Gravity Forms on up to three sites;
- Elite License at $ 259 per yearcan be used on unlimited websites.
The module fields and features included in each license are identical. The main difference between the plans is the number of websites and add-ons included.
You can pay by credit card (all major cards accepted) or PayPal. All payments are set up as recurring, so if you wish to cancel, you may also need to cancel the recurring payment authority with your credit card or in your PayPal account.