Index of contents
- 1 What is hCaptcha, a free alternative to ReCaptcha?
- 2 How does hCaptcha work?
- 3 hCaptcha Vs Google reCAPTCHA
- 4 4 reasons to use hCaptcha
- 5 Prices
- 6 How to implement hCaptcha with WPForms
What is hCaptchafree alternative to ReCaptcha
A Captcha is a simple test to distinguish humans and robots. It's easy for humans to solve, but hard for bots and other malicious software to figure out.
After Google-owned reCAPTCHA changed its business model to become paid, many people have been looking for a free alternative to ReCaptcha.
hCaptcha (https://www.hcaptcha.com/) is now the largest independent captcha service and runs on the Internet's 15%.
hCaptcha helps protect user privacy and helps companies tag their data. It provides simple and reliable bot detection while being trivial for humans to solve.
hCaptcha is one of the most popular Captcha services introduced by a machine learning based organization Intuition machines.
How does hCaptcha work?
The operation of hCaptcha is almost similar to any CAPTCHA service.
To install the hCaptcha service on a website, the user must:
- add a few lines of HTML and server-side code to the website..;
- Next, you can embed the hCaptcha widget into any form on your website;
- when the user answers or resolves the challenge generated by hCaptcha, the response is sent to the hCaptcha server API for verification;
- if the answer is correct, the user gets an additional approval.
hCaptcha supports all major browsers available on the market today, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari.
hCaptcha Vs Google reCAPTCHA
Google reCAPTCHA is the oldest bot protection CAPTCHA service introduced in 2007 and since then it has been protecting millions of websites from bots and hackers. However, many large organizations have switched to hCaptcha due to the limitations of reCAPTCHA. Earlier this year, Google announced that they would start charging reCAPTCHA.
hCaptcha is a free, privacy-friendly alternative to reCAPTCHA by Google.
Similar to reCAPTCHA, hCaptcha helps websites protect themselves from spam bots. HCaptcha is a modern Captcha service that is very effective compared to Google reCAPTCHA in terms of price, user privacy and difficulty of challenges.
hCaptcha is not run by an advertising service, so it is beneficial to both the user and the company.
We indicate below the advantages of hCaptcha in comparison to Google reCAPTCHA:
- Privacy: hCaptcha does not collect and sell user data, while Google reCAPTCHA collects and uses it for advertising purposes. hCaptcha detects basic information such as mouse movements, keystrokes, and the like, which helps distinguish robots and humans.
- PricehCaptcha is a free CAPTCHA service. Google reCAPTCHA is no longer a free CAPTCHA service.
- Performance: hCaptcha offers better speed and resolution performance based on Cloudflare's test result. The performance of Google reCAPTCHA is quite low.
- Availability: hCaptcha is available everywhere, while Google reCAPTCHA is not available in countries where Google is not accessible, such as China.
- Gain: the website owner can generate revenue and earn online based on the number of resolved CAPTCHAs on your website generated by hCaptcha. This service is not offered by Google reCAPTCHA.
4 reasons to use hCaptcha
Let's list the main benefits of using an hCaptcha on a website.
Remove false comments
In the world of the Internet, the spammer They still widely use comments to build backlinks to their websites. They generally provide automated comments on popular blogs. By enabling hCaptcha in your website's comment form, you can eliminate unwanted fake comments.
Delete fake accounts
Similar to false comments, it is very likely that the bot create fake user accounts on your website by bypassing the normal registration form. Again, this can be prevented by the hCaptcha bot protection solution.
Safe and secure shopping
To ensure that your website receives orders from real people and not bots, you should install an hCaptcha-based payment form on your website based on eCommerce.
Eliminate fake emails
You don't want your list of email marketing fill up with bot-generated emails, right? Next to a solution given by Double Optin (which may decrease compilation rates), hCaptcha can be integrated with the best email marketing software. For example MailChimp. With WPForms you can create an integrated Mailchimp form and collect human contacts via hCaptcha.
hCaptcha is free for publishers of all sizes. For companies and platforms that need more control, enterprise solutions are available (https://www.hcaptcha.com/#plans). Enterprise hCaptcha solutions protect millions of users on tens of millions of websites for some of the largest companies on the planet.
How to implement hCaptcha with WPForms
Keeping your website forms secure and spam-free is not only important, it should be simple.
And that's why it's useful to talk about the new hCaptcha integration, available to all users in WPForms v1.6.4.
Protect your forms from BOTs and Spam with hCaptcha
Earlier this year, WPForms improved spam prevention, helping your forms to be much better protected right out of the box. However, to add an extra layer of protection that takes advantage of advanced AI technology, the new hCaptcha integration was introduced, giving you more options when considering CAPTCHA services.
hCaptcha is a free tool that helps keep spam and bots out of forms by asking simple questions to prove your users are human. It uses sophisticated machine learning and artificial intelligence to distinguish human users from spam.
Regardless of whether you have a Google account, are concerned about privacy issues or site conflicts, or just want to try a different way to block spam and malicious traffic through your web forms, hCaptcha makes it easy to get started with their free service.
In WPForms settings, you will now see the option to use Google's hCaptcha or reCAPTCHA.
This is a choice to consider if you want your end users to have a seamless experience submitting your forms, but don't want to use Google's reCAPTCHA. You can protect your forms from bots, spam, and intrusions while keeping your information private.
Similar to the reCAPTCHA settings, you can do things like adjust your error message, enable No-Conflict mode, and even get a preview of your CAPTCHA. All with a professional look and feel on the frontend of your form.
The settings are also present within the module generator.
Now, once you choose the CAPTCHA service, you'll see your choice directly in the generator. Then, once you've enabled the settings, you can simply jump into one of your forms and click the hCaptcha button to access its settings.