What is HostGator
HostGator (https://www.hostgator.com/) is one of the most well-known web hosting companies. HostGator offers shared, dedicated, cloud and VPS hosting, as well as domain registrations, a website builder and reseller options.
Founded in Florida in 2002, HostGator has quickly grown to become one of the largest hosting companies in the world, thanks mainly to its shared hosting plans and customer service.
HostGator is now headquartered in Houston, Texas, and is home to over 10 million domains. The company has over 850 employees offering 24-hour support and serving businesses of all sizes.
Let's take a look at Hostgator's features together.
The plans of shared hosting of HostGator (https://www.hostgator.com/web-hosting) are designed for small to medium-sized projects that do not receive hundreds of thousands of visitors per month. Prices range from $ 8.95 to $ 16.95.
Shared hosting is a type of web hosting that sees multiple sites living on a single server. HostGator offers shared web hosting plans on a month-to-month basis or for longer periods, starting at six months.
HostGator's shared hosting is for those looking for a provider with bandwidth and storage space and if you are looking to use other programming languages in PHP. Perl, Python and Ruby On Rails are allowed to be used.
The services of cloud hosting of HostGator (https://www.hostgator.com/cloud-hosting) come with numerous features such as cloud caching, intuitive dashboards and resource management capabilities, and easy-to-use cPanel.
Also, quickly transfer your site data to another server in case of failure. Three mirrored copies of your site are hosted on multiple devices to ensure security.
The cost of cloud hosting starts at $ 4.95 per month and scales up to the larger plans, priced at $ 6.57 per month and $ 9.95 per month as your needs grow.
For those looking for shared hosting optimized for WordPress, l'WordPress hosting (https://www.hostgator.com/managed-wordpress-hosting) is a good solution. Prices start at $ 12.95 for one site, up to $ 81.95 per month.
If you are thinking of starting your own web hosting company, consider HostGator's plans for the retailers (https://www.hostgator.com/reseller-hosting). With this resale service you can maintain complete control over your resource allocation and update as needed so your business can continue to grow.
With a reseller hosting plan, you get the WHM control panel with multilingual functionality, 99.9% uptime guarantees, 400+ customizable tutorials and unlimited MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin access. Prices for the three available plans - Aluminum, Copper or Silver - range from $ 19.95 per month to $ 24.95 per month.
VPS means Virtual Private Server. With theVPS hosting (https://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting) get full functionality such as full root access to control your entire hosting environment, multiple layers of network security to ensure server reliability, and instant scalability at the click of a button.
Plus, your data is hosted on servers secured with RAID 10 disk space configuration and equipped with power and HVAC drives. Receive weekly offsite backups of your entire website, a full suite of development tools to help you with site design, and valuable support for any questions you may have.
The three VPS hosting packages are priced as follows: $ 29.95 per month, $ 39.95 per month and $ 49.95 per month respectively.
For those with a high traffic site and a substantial budget, the dedicated servers (https://www.hostgator.com/dedicated-server) might be the most suitable solution. Site data will be hosted independently on the dedicated server, which means you never have to share resources.
Also, run Linux or Windows, choose between HDD and SSD hard drive options, receive data center level DDOS protection and full root access, unlimited databases, RAID-1 configuration and 3-5 dedicated IP addresses.
To access HostGator's dedicated hosting plans, costs range from $ 119 per month to $ 149 per month.
If you don't use WordPress as CMS, HostGator (https://www.hostgator.com/apps) is for you. Running on Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP, HostGator can allow you to run platforms such as Joomla, Magento, Drupal, Wiki and phpBB Hosting.
Also included in any plan are features such as HostGator's unlimited bandwidth, theemail marketing and one-click installations of other applications.
HostGator also makes available theWindows hosting (https://www.hostgator.com/windows-hosting) for users who need it.
With support for Parallels Plesk Panel, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 and ASP.NET, this hosting solution has everything you need to run a site that needs Windows hosting.
With HostGator you can easily create a website using the tool website builder integrated (https://www.hostgator.com/website-builder).
To get started, choose from over 100 mobile-optimized templates and six ready-made pages to get started with.
Other features include:
- Tools SEO
- Integration with social media
- PayPal payment gateway
- Embedding HD video
- Trademark removal
- Google Analytics
- Promotional codes
Available for purchase individually, complete with web hosting services, the Website Builder also comes with every other plan offered to customers.
Benefits of HostGator
Here are the main advantages of HostGator:
- Reliable hostingHostGator guarantees an uptime of 99.99%. If you experience less downtime, you will get one month credit back on your account.
- Money back guaranteeHostGator offers a 45-day money back guarantee. Typically, web hosting companies do not offer a money back guarantee beyond 30 days.
- Flexible billing periodsYou can choose between monthly and annual billing periods. Longer billing periods will give you the maximum discount.
- Free migration: HostGator offers a free migration service with all new accounts. Their team of experts will transfer your site from the previous host at no extra cost during the first 30 days after registration.
- Ample storage spaceAll plans come with almost unlimited storage space.
- Flexible termsHosting plans can be purchased on a 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 or 36 month basis.
- Many programming languagesPHP, Ruby On Rails, Perl and Python are all allowed.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Free transfer of sites, domains, MySQL and scripts.
- Custom firewall against DDoS attacks.
- Free SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt.
- 24/7/365 support via phone, live chat and ticket system.
- Servers up to 2.5 times faster, global CDN (similar to MaxCDN), daily backup and restore, automatic malware removal.
- One-click WordPress installation.
Opinions and reviews on HostGator
HostGator hosts over 10 million domains and is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry.
You can read the opinions of users here: https://www.hostgator.com/reviews.
HostGator falls into the cheap hosting category, with shared hosting starting at $ 2.75 per month. Other options are affordable as well. WordPress hosting starts at $ 5.95 per month and VPS is $ 19.95 per month. But these are introductory prices and will increase after renewal. Since HostGator is an EIG brand, you'll notice they offer many similar plans to their flagship company, Bluehost.
Here's a complete list:
- Shared hosting ($ 2.75 per month): very easy to use for small and medium sized sites.
- WordPress Hosting ($ 5.95 per month): easy to use and optimized for better performance, it is best suited for small to medium sized websites.
- VPS ($ 19.95 per month): the best solution for online stores and high-traffic sites looking for better performance.
- Dedicated hosting ($ 29.99 per month): offers complete freedom of customization, but specific technical skills are required. It is the best solution for businesses.
- L'shared hosting meets the needs of most websites. For shared hosting, HostGator offers three plans that come with a free SSL certificate, a free domain for one year and a free site builder. In addition, storage space, email accounts and bandwidth are unlimited.
Let's explore the characteristics of each plan:
- Hatchling ($ 2,75/month): with this plan you can host a website. It is the best solution for personal blogs or portfolio sites.
- Baby ($3.50/month): you can connect an unlimited number of websites. This is the best plan for small businesses or small to medium sized blogs.
- Pro ($ 5.25/month): this plan allows you to host an unlimited number of sites and includes a free dedicated IP and a free upgrade to SSL positive. Pro is the best solution for small to medium sized business sites that require more security.
If you choose the cheapest plan, there will be no additional charges for the first year as you will have already included a domain name.