WPForms is one of the plugins WordPress most popular for creating custom contact forms.
Among the features of WPForms could not miss the possibility of integration with different software: if already from the Plus Plan WPForms allows the integration with the most popular software for theemail marketingIn addition to the Pro plan there is the integration with Active Campaign e Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/wpforms/integrations
In particular, the latter allows an automated management of the contact once acquired, being able in turn to integrate with other platforms.
Let's take a look at some examples of possible integration between WPForms and Zapier with a view to managing the contact acquired through Lead Generation.
WPForms, Zapier and CRM
A good rule of thumb, once you have acquired a contact, is to enter it in a CRM to keep an orderly record of the information and actions carried out by the lead in its purchasing process, with a view to carrying out targeted initiatives of Lead Nurturing and Retention and in a few minutes and without a single line of code, Zapier allows you to automatically send information to HubSpot, Pipedrive, Agile CRM.
WPForms and Newsletter
With the help of Zapier, WP Forms can connect to software for the management of your Email Marketing initiatives, such as SendinBlue, MailerLite, Constant Contact, GetResponse, Aweber, Campaign Monitor
WPForms and Email Marketing Automation
A typical strategy, once the lead has been acquired, especially in the context of newsletter subscribers, is to create workflows, automated paths for sending email communications based on certain time frames or actions taken by the user (we talk about time-based and action-based triggers).
WPForms, thanks to Zapier, allows integration with software for theemail marketing automation as ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, Drip.
How to use WPForms with Zapier
Configuring WPForm with Zapier is easy:
1) Installing the Zapier Addon
Before you get started, make sure you have WPForms installed and activated. Then, you can go ahead and install the Zapier addon.
- Once you have activated the Zapier add-on, you will need to go to WPForms "Settings and then click on the Integrations tab.
- Open the WPForms integration settings.
- Within this tab, you will see a Zapier option. Go ahead and click to open up more details.
- This is where you will find the Zapier API key for your site.
- Be sure to keep this tab/browser window open, as you will need this API key in the next section.
2) How to create a Zap with Zapier
In Zapier, the integrations you create are called zaps. The next step in the configuration is to create a zap that sends information from the forms to another service.
- First, you'll need to sign in to your Zapier account. If you don't have an account yet, you can sign up and create an account for free. Note: Some integrations require a paid account with Zapier. For more details on identifying paid integrations, please see Zapier's premium features page.
- After logging into your account, you will need to click the black + button in the top left corner.
- Click the Make a Zap button in Zapier
- This will open the configuration page for your new zap. If you wish to name your zap, go ahead and add a name in the top left corner of the page.
- Next, you'll need to select WPForms as your first app. In the Choose app and event search box, type WPForms. Then click WPForms from the displayed results.
- Select WPForms as Trigger App in Zapier
- After selecting WPForms, Zapier will display the activation options in Choose Activation Event. Since WPForms only has one activation option (New Form Entry), you can simply click the Continue button to proceed.
- Activation options for WPForms in Zapier: In the next step, you will connect Zapier to WPForms on your website. For this purpose, click on the Login to WPForms button.
- Click the Connect an Account button in Zapier
- This will cause an overlay to appear. Here you will need to add your API key.
- To find your API key, go back to the tab/window where you kept your WPForms settings open in our first step. Then copy and paste the key here.
- Next, you will need to fill in the Website field. Be sure to enter the full URL of your website and include the trailing slash (for example: http://example.com/).
- When you're ready, click the Yes, Continue button.
- Link your site to Zapier
- Once your site is connected, Zapier will ask you to choose which account to use for your Zap. Click the drop-down menu to select your site, then click Continue.
- Choose an account in Zapier: Next, you will see a Customize Form Entry step. Select the form you want to use and click Continue.
- Customize the module insertion in Zapier
- Zapier will then take you to the Find Data step, which will give you the opportunity to enter sample entries to test your connection. We recommend doing this by selecting the Test and Continue or Test and Review button before continuing. This will allow you to be sure that the integration is fully connected. Note: The form selected in the previous step must contain at least one entry for the test to work.
- Verify your account connection: If you selected Test & Review, you should see the form entries populated after a few moments. Once they are displayed, you can expand the entries to make sure that all the data has been extracted correctly. Then, click the Edit Complete button.
- Connection test is successful: If you selected the Test and Continue button, Zapier will automatically take you to the next step if things are working properly.
- After checking the sample entries, Zapier will ask you to choose App and Event.
- Choose an action app in Zapier: This app is the service you want to send your form registration details to. Zapier has over 2,000 apps and services available and you can find out more about the integrations they offer on Zapier's website.
- After selecting an app, Zapier will walk you through the steps to pass the form data to your chosen service. The remaining steps will depend on which service you integrate with.
For specific tutorials on all the steps of the Zapier WPForms integration, go to this article: https://wpforms.com/docs/how-to-install-and-use-zapier-addon-with-wpforms/
Here is a video explaining the Zapier addon with WPForms: